Get your friends & family together & let’s go ice skating!
This Friday, December 6th, from 8pm-10pm, Bigelow families will meet at the Warrior Arena. This is where the Bruins Practice! Bring your skates or rent really cool ones! There will be a DJ because Friday Skate Night is Rock N’ Skate! Whoohoo! Lots of kids came out last year that had never skated, so bring your friends and come out!
Bigelow Skate Night 2019
When: Friday, December 6th, from 8pm to 10pm
Where: Warrior Ice Arena – 90 Guest Street, Brighton MA 02135
Admission: $10 – Includes Ice Skate Rental (part is donated to the PTO)
You have to say you are from Bigelow Middle School to get the discounted rate.
- Please, get there in advance so you don’t have to wait in line.
- Helmets are highly recommended (limited amount available to borrow).
- Chaperons are required for all guests under 18.
- Parking is available in the 80/90 Guest Street Garage (be sure to validate your ticket for 3 hours of complimentary parking)
- Concession stand will be open
The event is open to the general public. Bigelow teachers and parents always join. Caregivers are responsible for their child’s’ admission and transport. Families are welcome to come join the fun. There is a galley area for parents to gather and watch if they do not want to skate.
Reminder: Wednesday, December 4, is an early release day. All students will be dismissed at 11:30.
Mark your calendars for other early release days: 2/6, 3/19, (5/7 if needed)
Pre-Thanksgiving dinner. Before you head out of town or start cooking for the holiday, order dinner from Blue Ribbon BBQ or eat at the restaurant to support our school. When you purchase your meal, say you are from Bigelow. The restaurant will donate 20% of your meal’s price back to the Bigelow PTO.
Blue Ribbon BBQ Dinner
Tuesday, November 26
Order In or Take Out
- 1375 Washington Street, Newton, MA 02465
- 908 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA 02476
- 342 Washington Street, Dedham, MA 02026
Bigelow PTO will get 20% of your meal’s price!
Reminder: Wednesday, November 27, is an early release day. All students will be dismissed at 11:30. There are no late buses, and no lunch is served for grade 6 and 7.
8th Graders will participate in the “Turkey Bowl” – the annual flag football match between students on Cluster 8E vs Cluster 8F for the coveted “Turkey Trophy.” Following the game, there will a pizza luncheon for 8th grade students. They can purchase tickets for this lunch ahead of time in homebase or next Wednesday. For $4 students can get pizza, a cupcake, and a drink. This lunch is a special fundraiser for the 8th grade scholarship fund, so students must pay cash—no lunch accounts can be used.
Come join the fun and be a part of planning Bigelow’s biggest night of the year!
We are looking for people to make Big Night a big success. We need your help; please bring your hands, ideas and skills!
When: Wed, December 4, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Where: 81 Montrose St, Newton, MA 02458, USA (map)
Hosted by Alexis Giannakopoulos and Cheryl Abramson
Big Night is the Bigelow PTO’s biggest social and fundraising event of the year. It’s a night where the Bigelow (adult) community gets together to enjoy music, great food and drinks, bid on wonderful auction items, and meet and catch up with other Bigelow parents and staff. More here.
Please contact us @ email@example.com if you would like to be involved. Thank you in advance for your support of this event.
Snow Day notification procedures:
- School closings or delays will be communicated via phone call, text message, email, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), website, and local television and radio stations.
- To receive text messages, you must opt-in. To opt-in, please login to Aspen, navigate to the contact information section, and select “yes” for SMS messages in the drop-down box below your cell phone number.
- Following a storm, many of our students will continue to walk to school. We have collaborated with Newton DPW to create maps showing sidewalks that will be plowed, ensuring safe routes to school. Download Bigelow map here. For other schools, access the maps here.
For more detailed information on school operations in winter weather, please visit the NPS site: https://www.newton.k12.ma.us/weather
Bigelow Ski and Snowboard Club will host a brief informational meeting right after school in the library Monday, November 25th.
Ski and Snowboard Club is an after school club that runs ski/snowboard trips out to Wachusett Mountain on four evenings after school; 1/30 (Thursday), 2/5 (Wednesday), 2/12 (Wednesday), and 2/26 (Wednesday). Sign up is open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders and is on a first come – first served basis. Due to bus capacity, we can only take 50 students per trip. You may sign up for 1, 2, 3, or 4 trips, as long as there is space. You can cancel your registration without penalty up until the Friday before your scheduled trip.
Please contact Ms. Duda if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information here: https://sites.google.com/newton.k12.ma.us/fitzy-pe/ski-club-2020